Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 2022 (Sept. 30 – Oct. 2)
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass is back for 2022 – the first in-person version of this event since 2019.
It’s one of the largest, free-est and beloved music festivals in the country. Be one of over 750,000 attendees over the three-day musical extravaganza in beautiful Golden Gate Park.
September 30 – October 2, 2022
Six Stages, Three Days, 80+ artists
Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
We have added fence lines. Enter only at these four locations. Click here for a map.
- JFK Drive and Transverse Drive
- Fulton Street and 30th Avenue
- JFK Drive and 36th Avenue
- South Polo Field
Entrances will not open until 11am on Friday, 9am Saturday and Sunday.
Live Streams – From Swan and Towers of Gold Stages
Elvis Costello, Steve Earle & The Dukes, The Travelin’ Mccourys, Bob Schneider, Moonalice, Cymande, Arooj Aftab, Cedric Watson, Alison Brown, And Jim Lauderdale, Emmylou Harris, Jerry Harrison & Adrian Belew – Remain In Light, Tré Burt, Meklit, Jake Blount, The Brothers Comatose, Seratones, The Tallest Man On Earth, Sarah Shook & the Disarmers, Antibalas, Marcus Mumford, Allison Russell, Las Cafeteras, Lucius, Galactic, AJ Lee & Blue Summit, Joy Oladokun, Charley Crockett, Buddy Miller, Bonny Light Horseman, Rhiannon Giddens w/ Francesco Turrisi, Waxahatchee, Béla Fleck – My Bluegrass Heart, Danielle Ponder, Ismay, Jay Som, Amythyst Kiah, Aoife O’Donovan, and Rainbow Girls.
View this post on Instagram
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass has long paid tribute to their legacy acts and this year is no exception. Steve Earle will host a tribute to longstanding regulars like John Prine, Justin Townes Earle and Nancy Bechtle as well as David Olney, Jerry Jeff Walker & others who we have lost over the past few years. Look for him to lead a guitar pull with several guests on Sunday afternoon at the Banjo Stage.
How to prepare for Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 2022:
- Free water refills will be available between Banjo Stage & Arrow Meadow
- Increased security measures will be in place including walk through body scanners.
- There will be increased SFPD, K9 and Tactical Unit presence inside and outside the venue.
What You Can/Can’t Bring
- Do not bring coolers, they are no longer allowed. We have updated our concessions in anticipation of increased public need.
- Prescribed medication, or infant care can be brought in a small soft side cooler.
- Clear backpacks are recommended for easiest access.
- Bags or backpacks with dimensions over 22″ x 15″ x 10″ will not be allowed.
- Any bag over 6″x8″x3″ is subject to search.
- Blankets and short backed chairs are allowed, but will be subject to search. Those requiring taller chairs, be considerate of your neighbors. Collapsible wagons will be allowed.
- Any restricted or oversized items will be turned away at all entry points.
- No bicycles, scooters, regular skateboards, electric skateboards, Segways, Onewheels, or other types of motorized devices are allowed inside HSB
View this post on Instagram