The California Academy of Sciences has resumed their evening event series, Nightlife for 2021 starting Thursday, May 13.
From basking in the glow of one of the largest living coral reef displays in the world to taking in the interstellar views from the Living Roof, guests can explore the nocturnal side of the Academy and see what makes the museum at night different. With live DJs, outdoor bars, ambiance lighting, and nearly 40,000 live animals (including familiar faces like Claude), the night is sure to be wild.
Special discounted evening admission: Daytime tickets to the California Academy of Sciences typically range between $28 and $42. Tickets to NightLife tupically start at $13-$15, but in the past have gone up as high as $25.
To help keep guests safe and ensure everyone has plenty of room to physically distance, NightLife will be limited to 20% capacity and have timed-entry tickets.
Starting today, all guests can reserve tickets online for a specific entry timeslot.
Select Thursdays | 6-10p (timed entry)
California Academy of Sciences, 55 Music Concourse Dr., Golden Gate Park, SF
Tickets: Prices typically start between $13-$15, but are dynamic and vary by date and entry time
Visit the reopening page for more information about ticketing, health and safety, exhibits, and FAQs.
Confirmed 2021 Dates
– May 13
– May 27
– June 10
Learn More: Upcoming schedule of events | Health and safety procedures
- Reservations are required for entry to the Osher Rainforest and the Shake House. Reservations are first-come, first-served and capacity is limited. Simply scan the QR code posted in the front lobby to reserve your entry time.
- Guests can venture into the Academy’s latest aquarium exhibit, Venom: Fangs, Stingers, and Spines to encounter live venomous animals and learn the power of venom to both harm and heal.
- Visit the BigPicture exhibit in the Piazza to marvel at the most recent winners of the BigPicture Natural Photography competition.
- Food and beverages are available for purchase in the Academy Café and West Garden Terrace including a variety of grab-and-go options, craft cocktails, and more. All dining and drinking is permitted inside the Academy Cafe and outdoors in the West Garden.
- Please embrace the Academy’s three favorite Ws: Wear a mask, Wash your hands, and Watch your distance. All guests will be required to wear a mask and social distancing will be enforced according to the latest public health and safety guidelines.
- Be on the lookout for more information about Morrison Planetarium shows and VIP experiences as they rollout for NightLife later this summer
For those unable to attend in person, the Academy will continue to offer its free virtual NightSchool programs—informal online “classes” with an eclectic mix of science and culture—streaming live (and available as recordings afterwards) on the Academy’s YouTube channel and Facebook page.