SF’s 2022 Dia de los Muertos “Festival of Altars” in The Mission
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Potrero del Sol Park | 25th St. & San Bruno Ave., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Invites You To 30th Annual
Festival Of Altars
On November 2nd, Day of the Dead Festival of Altars will be held in Potrero Del Sol Park aka. La Raza Park. Please come and participate in building an altar or come to view the community altars.
The making and viewing of traditional, contemporary, or experimental altars is a unique transformative experience connecting us closer to our Ancestors. Bring flowers, 8 inch glass prayer candles, and mementos of loved ones to contribute to the Community Altars.
Full List of Dia de Los Muertos Activities
November 2, 2022
- Balmy Alley Presents: Day of the Dead, artists, merchandise and music from 12:30pm-9pm
- Altar Festival and Ritual Circle @ Parque Potrero del Sol, from 2pm-11pm. Ritual Circle at 5 pm Project Marigold Organizes
- Make Your Own Altar Workshop with Elizabeth Jimenez Montelongo, 5pm-6:30pm. , at the medicine for nightmares library
- 41st edition of the Day of the Dead Ritual Procession begins at 22nd and Bryant Streets at 6pm. , organized The Cultural Rescue Collective.
- Day of the Dead Community Celebration, Fashion Show, Concert and Living Altar, from 6-10 pm – at the Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Dia de los Muertos, In Person