Home » *Top Pick*
Transit Week 2017 Kickoff | City Hall
Join the voice of the transit rider during our second annual Transit Week This year we’re sharing our stories of #WhyIRide, and planning daily events and giveaways to celebrate public transit and all those who ride it.
The week has a fun Muni trivia night, a Muni pub crawl, transit hubs all week with free snacks, a Muni Bus Madness Game at Sunday Streets and more.
Get involved with San Francisco Transit Riders and help make public transportation in SF better.
September 25 to October 1, 2017
- Monday, 9/25: Transit Week Kick-off – Noon at City Hall –
- Tuesday, 9/26: Transit Trivia Night – Think you know everything about SF transit? Come test your knowledge at trivia night. Six different bars in SF host a special transit-themed portion of their Tuesday pub quizes. – Start times range from 7pm to 8pm.
- Wednesday, 9/27: Better Bayshore advocacy night & Regional Connections Forum – Visitacion Valley Library, 201 Leland Ave, 6:00 -8:00 pm
- Friday, 9/29: PUBlic Transit CRAWL – Celebrating the 22 Fillmore and crawling the three bars starting at 6pm
- Saturday, 9/30: Adventures on the SF Bay Ferry – Meet at the SF Ferry Building at 11:30am and meet up for drinks in Oakland
- Sunday, 10/1: Family Fest at Sunday Streets, Excelsior – Lots of Muni-related activities at Mission Street and Avalon where you can explore a Muni bus, take a photo in the driver’s seat, play a “Mini Bus Madness Game,” (A fun and frantic relay race for bus drivers of all ages! Pick up imaginary passengers and drop them off at the right stops, while avoiding overcrowding and bunching. Can you keep your bus running on schedule?) create your own muni art, a chance to win a $100 Clipper Card and more.
All week (9/25 – 9/29) Transit Week Hubs: Drop by one of their commute hour tables to share your #WhyIRide story, join in the commute cheer, and grab some snacks.
Transit Week Hubs (Sept. 25-29)
Show up to show your support for robust transit in San Francisco. The Kick Off, hosted by Supervisor Aaron Peskin, will include VIP speakers as well as regular riders like you and me. Come learn more about transit week and what San Francisco Transit Riders is working on to improve mobility in San Francisco.
*Most everything is free. Just bring bus/boat/train fare.
Categories: *Top Pick*
Address: 1 Dr. Carlton Goodlett Pl., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by Johnny Funcheap