SF’s Filipino Night Market “Undiscovered” | August 2018
401 Minna St. (SF) | 401 Minna St, San Francisco, CA 94103-2903
Inspired by the vibrant night markets of Asia, Undiscovered is a free monthly music and food festival and curated collection of emerging artists and merchants that celebrate the rich cultural heritage of SF’s new SOMA Pilipinas Cultural District.
August 2018 highlights: Miles Medina & Mark Redito, plus RSVP for a free limited edition UNDSCVRD button.
Every third Saturday of the month, enjoy a curated selection of local artisans, 3rd wave food vendors, live music/dance performances, and flavor each month. For 2018, it’s at a brand new location – 401 Minna Street. Admission is free and open to the public; but there’s a suggested donation of $5 to help keep the event running smoothly.
Undiscovered Filipino Night Market
Saturday, August 18, 2018 | 4 to 10 pm
401 Minna St. (at 5th St.)
FREE with suggested donation of $5 – RSVP on Eventbrite
First 1,000 people who RSVP and check in at event will receive free limited edition UNDSCVRD button
RSVP does not guarantee entry. Admission is first come, first served. Early arrival is suggested. Capacity is expected.
- Sunday, August 19, 2018 – Sunday Streets Pop-Up at Folsom btwn 6th and 7th – 11 am to 4 pm
- Saturday, September 15, 2018Undiscovered
- Outdoor Food Festival – Enjoy the 3rd wave of Filipino food vendors and beyond from the Bay Area.
- Main Stage – Live music and performances from Filipino and Fil-Am artists who are blowing up the underground from the Bay to LA and beyond.
- Creative Retail/Exhibits – Experience a Filipino inspired bazaar like no other featuring artisan merchants, SOMA history exhibits, and more.
- Community Pavilion – A family/community friendly area with Arts & Crafts, Bubbles, Lego build area, E-Sports Video Games, Karaoke, Mahjong, and more.
- Three Full Bars – 21+ get to enjoy full bar showcasing craft beers and creative cocktails from the best mixologists in the Bay.
August 2018 Music, Food & Activities
- Miles Medina (Bay Area DJ/turntablist and 2017 A-Trak Goldie Award winner)
- Mark Redito (LA-based musician known for his signature blend of electronic pop, J-pop and beat music)
- Bohkeh (R&B, Pop, Electronica, and Hip-Hop, producer creates a new sound with his personal twist of low-fi and poppy beats)
- Basi Vibes (Live Performance)
- A$Hley Mehta (R&B Singer/Songwriter)
- Joogmac (Cheat Day Oakland)
Experience a Filipino inspired bazaar like no other featuring artisan merchants, SOMA history exhibits, and more.
In the Flower Lounge:
- DJThat Girl (Peaches)
- Salty Sherilyn (Hunnies & Hot Sauce)
- DJ Dondon (SF)
3 Full Bars
21+ get to enjoy full bar showcasing craft beers and creative cocktails from the best mixologists in the Bay.
A family/community friendly area with Arts & Crafts, Bubbles, Legos build area, E-Sports Video Games, Karaoke, Mahjong, and more.
Outdoor Food Festival
- JEEPNEY GUY – Specializing in Filipino Lechon, slow roasted boneless pork belly with crispy skin.
- ADOBOS N MORE – Farm-to-table Filipino Food sourced from Sonoma County.
- ANTONIKS BBQ – Skewers so good, you’ll want to eat the stick.
- SARAP SHOP – Filipino flavors every-vore can fall in love with.
- NICK’S KITCHEN – Filipino Vegan cuisine.
- SEÑOR SISIG – The Bay Area’s legendary food truck.
- BINKA BITES – Your no-frills, super moist, delicious, cupcake-sized baked coconut rice tropical pastry, inspired by Philippine bibingka.
- FILIPINO FOOD MOVEMENT – The organization whose mission is to bring Filipino Food into the mainstream is coming with some savory surprises.
- HULA TRUCK – Pacific Island Flavor with a NorCal Twist.
- NORTH BORDER TACOS – Tex-Mex cuisine with a delicious modern twist through the San Francisco streets.
- HAPPY DUMPLINGS – Shandong-style jiaozi dumplings made-to-order, with a thicker, hand-rolled wrapper filled with ground pork, chicken and veggies, and pan-fried to perfection.
- FK FROZEN CUSTARD – Frozen custard with a Filpino-American twist.
- HOOKT MINI DOUGHNUTS – The best mini doughnuts in the San Francisco Bay.
- JT RESTAURANT – Traditional Filipino cuisine made with love.
- SHADES OF SUGAR – Handcrafted treats with love in Oakland, California.
- OODAALOLLY – Small batch chocolates made with cacao from the Philippines using Swiss techniques.