Presidio Kite Festival
Watch spectacular kites flown high above the Presidio—from the acrobatic kites of world champions to the hand-made entries of amateurs. Free kites will be provided to “kids of all ages”.
The Family Day Kite Festival, which has been held in San Francisco since 1978, will bring its color and magic to the Presidio’s beautiful Main Parade Ground for 2013.
This event features a free make-a-kite pavilion for the kids, kite-flying contests for professionals and amateurs and a special appearance by Disney legend and kite artist Tyrus Wong.
Family Kite Day
August 17, 2013 (11a-5p)
Main Parade Ground, Presidio, San Francisco
- Free kite-making for kids at the Walt Disney Family Museum Make-a-Kite Pavilion
- Special guest: celebrated artist and kite maker Tyrus Wong
- Kite-flying contests for amateurs and professionals
- Giant and miniature “show kites”
- Champion aerobatic & stunt kite fliers
- Catch-a-Kite-Tail Contest
- “Kitelift” free candy drop
Submitted by Johnny Funcheap