DogFest 2019: Pet Festival, Carnival & Parade | Duboce Park
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Duboce Park | Duboce and Noe, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
DogFest 2019 is a mutt-tastic festival at one of the most dog-friendly parks in the city and the biggest dog event in San Francisco.
12th Annual DogFest
Saturday, April 27, 2019 | 11 am to 4 pm
Duboce Park, Duboce and Steiner, SF
FREE to watch
All events are free to watch, but pre-registration ($20) is typically required for your dog to compete.
Watch doggies compete for Best Trick, Best Costume, Best Ears, Best Bark and more.
Treat your human child to a day of inflatable obstacle courses, face painting, carnival games, delicious food, and find true love in the Rescue Zone.
DogFest is a celebration of dogs and kids benefiting SFUSD McKinley Elementary School, a K-5 public school at Castro and 14th streets.
2019 Everyday Dog Show Categories (Noon to 3 pm)
- Noon: Best Costume—Judges vote on dog with best costume; extra points for originality.
- 12:20 pm: Best Tail—Long, short, skinny or wide, let’s see who’s tail comes out on top.
- 12:50 pm: Best Trick—Dogs have 30 seconds to show off their best trick(s). Props are encouraged.
- 1:10 pm: Half Time Show—Special surprise performance TBA
- 1:40 pm: Best Coat—Whose coast is the most luxurious?
- 2:00 pm: Best Mutt—A little of this and a little of that, sugar and spice makes everything nice. Whose best friend is made up of the best mix?
- 2:20 pm: Best Ears—Big or little, crooked or straight, hear hear for best ears.
- 2:40 pm: Best Lap Dog—Judges are looking for dogs that are great on your lap and the velvet throne.
- 3:00 pm: Most Openly Corrupt Best-In-Show
Brace yourself – it really is corrupt, but it’s all in good fun with the goal of raising the most money possible for the school. The winners of each of the main categories (ears, bark, trick, etc.) and anyone who wants to buy their way in for $50 will be entered in this final contest of the day.
The audience bribes the judges (by throwing lots of money in buckets being passed around) to keep working and decide which dog will be crowned Best-In-Show.
All Day Events (11 am to 4 pm)
The festival offers something for dogs, kids, and parents of both breeds.
- Enter your dog in the Everyday Dog Show
- Donate to our Silent Auction
- Treat your human child to a day of inflatable obstacle courses, face painting, carnival games, delicious food, and more
- Make a bid on an auction prize
- Peruse our doggie vendors or find true love in the Rescue Zone
- Become a sponsor of DogFest