SF Zine Fest 2011
Join SF’s most interesting writers, cartoonists, illustrators and DIY publishers this Saturday and Sunday, September 3rd and 4th 2011, for the 10th Annual San Francisco Zine Fest.
From 11am-6pm at the San Francisco County Fair Building in Golden Gate Park, more than 150 writers, cartoonists, crafters, illustrators, printmakers, and other artists will be showcasing their work. [full list of exhibitors]
This year is the largest SF Zine Fest yet, with more exhibitors than ever, ranging from small-press publishing houses to first time self-publishers and creators. And, as always, the show is free to attend.
2011 SF Zine Fest Highlights: Special guests Lark Pien (Long Tail Kitty, Mr. Elephanter) and Ray Potes (Hamburger Eyes) will be joining thespotlight panels. Plus, enjoy the Fest’s bookbinding and screenprinting workshops, and panels on memoir comics, graphic journalists, bike culture, and more.
- Bookbinding: Basics and Beyond | 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Special Guest Spotlight: 10 Years of Hamburger Eyes | 2:30pm – 3:20pm
- Rambling Road Show: Bike Culture | 3:30pm – 4:20pm
- Memoir Comics: Life In Ink | 4:00pm – 4:50pm
- Intro to Screenprinting | 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- Special Guest Spotlight: Lark Pien | 2:00pm – 2:50pm
- Graphic Journos in Conversation | 3:00pm – 3:50pm
- Making Time: An Artistsʼ Forum | 4:00pm – 4:50pm
*Top Pick*, San Francisco
Submitted by Johnny Funcheap