23rd Annual Dia de Los Muertos Procession & Blessing of the Altar | Albany
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Gathering Tribes | 1412 Solano Ave, Albany, CA
The Day of the Dead, or Dia de los Muertos, is an Indigenous tradition and ceremony that is hundreds, perhaps thousands of years old. In some traditions, the Days of the Dead lasted for several weeks or months. The spirits are attracted to marigold flowers, which are sprinkled on the ground during the Procession. The dead are fed their favorite foods and beverages and written notes and memorials can be placed on the altar.
2017 Dia de Los Muertos Procession & Community Altar
Friday, October 27, 2017 | 6:30 pm
– Meet at Northeast Corner of Solano Avenue & The Alameda
– Blessing of the Altar at Gathering Tribes, 1412 Solano Ave, Albany
You can bring the following for the Blessing of the Altar:
- photos of your beloved departed (copies if you plan to leave them on the altar)
- rattles/drums/music makers for the procession
- flowers/candles/food/beverage for the altar
- written memorials for your beloved departed
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Dia de los Muertos, East Bay, Theater & Performance, Walks & Tours