Dutch “King’s Day” Windmill Festival 2015 | Golden Gate Park
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Murphy Windmill | Murphy Windmill, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA
The Dutch community in San Francisco invites you to celebrate King’s Day 2015 near the Murphy Windmill on the south end of Golden Gate Park.
Enjoy a free full day festival celebrating Golden Gate Park’s windmills, with a bike parade, live music, DJs, a silent disco, a flea market and all things Dutch.
Get your fill on traditional Dutch foods like cheese, herring, pastries, licorice and of course Dutch beer. They will have food trucks preparing fries Dutch style (it’s all in the sauce), micro pancakes, Indonesian food, snacks and more.
In the past, festival goers got the rare chance to see the Murphy Windmill in action, but we haven’t confirmed that the windmill will be on in 2015.
2015 King’s Day
Saturday, April 25, 2015 | 11 am to 5 pm
Murphy Windmill, Golden Gate Park
FREE, but tickets are required.
- 11 am to 5 pm: Dutch Food, Beer Garden, Raffle, Photo Ops, Vendor Booths and lots of Orange
- 11 am to 2:30 pm: Traditional Dutch Childrens Games
- 11 am to 4 pm: Dutch-style Flea Market (Vrijmarkt)
- 12:15 pm: Dutch and American Anthems
- 12:25 pm: Speech by the Consul General of The Netherlands, Hugo von Meijenfeldt
- 11 am to 1 pm: Music by DJ Fact 50
- 1-5 pm: Music & Pop Quiz by DJ Pass the Dutch from the Netherlands
- 1:30-4 pm: Silent Disco
Orange Bicycle Ride
Celebrate Dutch King’s Day and join this free group bike ride. >Register now
Dress orange, bring your bicycle, and be ready for a fun group ride. It is free and for ages 12 and up. The ride is sponsored by the Consulate General of the Netherlands, Login VSI and supported by the SF Bicycle Coalition.
- 10 am: Ride starts at Queen Wilhelmina Windmill (Dutch Windmill) – Route
- 12 noon: Ride ends at the Murphy Windmill
Valet bicycle parking is available on Martin Luther King Jr Dr (east of the event)
The “Vrijmarkt” is a Dutch-style flea market where kids sell used toys and games. Send them an email if your family wants to participate.
Enjoy Dutch favorites at the various food trucks:
- Dutch & Indonesian snacks & drinks by Ori Deli
- Pofferthes (Dutch mini pancakes) by Amnon
- Frikandellen, Dutch fries & pancakes by Seoulful
- Herring, satay and fries by MoBowl
- Schnitzel, Curry wurst, Bratwurst, boerenkool & stamppot by Little Red Riding Truck
- Stroopwafels (caramel waffles) by Stroopie
Dutch King’s Night