Dutch “King’s Day” Windmill Festival 2016 | Golden Gate Park
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Murphy Windmill | Murphy Windmill, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA
King’s Day, the biggest national celebration in the Netherlands, is returning once again to San Francisco. Dutch King’s Day San Francisco will be a fun-filled day with music, food, Heineken beer and a variety of great activities.
Photo | allwonders.com2016 King’s Day
Saturday, April 23, 2016 | 11 am to 5 pm
Murphy Windmill, Golden Gate Park
FREE (sometimes donations are requested at the entrance)Everything and everyone turns orange to celebrate not just King Willem-Alexander’s birthday, but also Dutch culture and the Dutch way of life.2016 Schedule:
- 10 am-Noon: Orange Bicycle Ride
- 11 am-2 pm: Traditional Dutch Kids Games
- 11 am-3 pm: Dutch-style Flea Market
- 11 am-5 pm: Food Vendors
- Noon-2 pm: Music by Dutch DJs
- 2 pm-2:20 pm: Remarks & National Anthems (US & Dutch)
- 2:20 pm-3 pm: Music by Dutch Artist
- 3 pm-2:20 pm: Raffle
- 3 pm-4:20 pm: Music by Dutch DJs
This is also a rare chance for festival goers to see the Murphy Windmill in action. Although things may change due to weather or technical issues, the windmill is scheduled to operate for 2016.