San Francisco Earth Day 2015 Festival & Massive Street Fair | Mission Dist.
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
22nd & Valencia | 22nd St and Valencia St, San Francisco, CA
Every year, up to 10,000 people from the Bay Area and beyond come together to celebrate Earth Day San Francisco.
The 2015 event takes place in the vibrant Mission District of the city.
Earth Day Festival | San Francisco
Saturday, April 18, 2015 | 10 am to 7 pm
22nd Street (between Mission and Valencia), SF
This 45th Anniversary event will feature inspirational speakers from the green movement, hands-on DIY and Art projects for all ages, eco fashion shows, a clean energy and electric vehicle showcase, a holistic wellness area, three stages of music and performance, an eco-kid zone, scores of proactive green non-profits, earth friendly product exhibitors and lots more.
2015 Activities & Entertainment
Main Stage: Mother Earth Stage
- Rupa and the April Fishes – a mixture of musical styles ranging from jazz to punk to reggae to chanson, with lyrics in multiple languages
- Bayonics – a ten-piece band from San Francisco’s Mission District that defines today’s Bay Area experience, fusing the musical genres of hip-hop, Latin music, funk and reggae with elements of rock and jazz
- Boca do Rio – hard hitting Brazilian-American funk band
- People Power Band – a soulful mix of lushly orchestrated horns, strings, vocals and rhythms, harkening back to a day when big bands pushed groove to the beautiful limits
Planet Dance Stage – Dance for your Planet with some very special DJs
- Gabriel & Dresden
- Forest Green
- Jimmy Bell
- Internationally Recognized Speakers including:
- John W. Roulac is the founder and CEO of Nutiva, the world’s leading organic superfoods brand of hemp, coconut, chia, and red palm superfoods
- Stacy Malkan is a co-founder of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics and author of the award-winning book, “Not Just a Pretty Face: The Ugly Side of the Beauty Industry.”
- MonaLisa Wallace, Esq. is a Bay Area civil and environmental rights activist. She is an attorney and organizer working with organizations including the National Organization for Women, CodePink, the Bay Area Coalition for Reproductive Rights, Occupy Foundation and the Occupy SF Action Council
- Eco-Fashion Show: throughout the day, plus earth-friendly designs on display
- Artists Grove
- Permaculture & Green DIY Zone: Living Mandala workshops on Aquaponics-in-Action, Creating your Urban Garden, Mushroom Harvesting, Creating a Rooftop Garden and more
- Clean Energy Zone: Electric Car Showcase, Bio-Diesel and Demos on Wind, Water and Solar-Driven Energy
- Gen Y Empowerment Zone: The youth partner initiative to Awakening the Dreamer, is a global campaign to ignite a generation of
young people to bring forth a thriving, just, sustainable world
- Kids Zone: AcroSports workshops and Earth Peace Mandala making
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Earth Day, Fairs & Festivals, Live Music, San Francisco