Some branches (like the Main Library) offer walk-in appointments, but call the library to confirm schedules and make an appointment. Be sure to arrive early and bring copies of your previous year’s tax returns and all items pertaining to your 2012 tax forms. Please note that seniors get priority.
2013 Tax Assistance Locations and Schedule
Oakland Main Library (Bradley Walters Community Room)
125 14th Street, (510) 238-3134
- Mondays, 10 am to 3 pm
- Wednesdays, noon to 4 pm
- Saturdays, 10 am to 3 pm
No advance appointments; arrive early to sign up for a time slot
Cesar E. Chavez Branch Library
3301 East 12th Street, Suite 271, (510) 535-5620
- Thursdays, 10 am to 3:30 pm
- Fridays, noon to 3:30 pm
Bilingual Spanish/English. Call for an appointment. Some walks-ins may be accepted; call for information.
Dimond Branch Library
3565 Fruitvale Avenue, (510) 482-7844
- Tuesdays, 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- Thursdays, 10:30 am to 2:30 pm
Call for an appointment
Eastmont Branch Library
7200 Bancroft Avenue, (510) 615-5726
No advance appointments; arrive early to sign up for a time slot.
Golden Gate Branch Library
5606 San Pablo Avenue, (510) 597-5023
- Wednesdays, 10 am to 2:30 pm
- Thursdays, 10 am to 3 pm
Call for an appointment.
There will be no tax assistance on the following dates due to library closures:
- Saturday, February 9 – Branches are closed due to budget cuts
- Monday, February 11th – The Main Library is closed due to budget cuts
- Tuesday, February 12th – All locations are closed for Lincoln’s Birthday
- Monday, February 18th – The Main Library is closed for President’s Day
- Monday, April 1st – The Main Library is closed due to budget cuts
- Tuesday, April 2nd – Branches are closed due to budget cuts