San Francisco Carnaval Festival 2013: Saturday | Mission
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Harrison Street | Harrison Street and 24th Street, San Francisco, CA
Saturday, May 25, 2013
Carnaval Festival: Saturday | San Francisco Carnaval | 2013
- Entertainment: Local and visiting artists featuring Latin and Caribbean music and dance. DJs will be spinning Cumbia, Cha Cha Cha, Tango, Salsa, Hip Hop Rancheras, Samba, and Reggae on every street corner of the festival.
- Arte Expo: The Mexican Museum will feature a showcasing of Latino/Chicano artists.
- NBA Nation: It’s the place to be for basketball players and fans. NBA Nation will be jamming with non-stop fun including concerts, basketball games, dunking rims, contests and prizes, special guest appearances and autograph signings.
- Niñolandia: A pint-sized party for the little ones, offering children’s activities.
- Zona Verde: Presenting services and goods that are good for our planet. Health, Wellness, and Stay Fit Pavilion: free health screenings and health and wellness information for the whole family.
Please note that the 2013 festival may be a bit smaller and with fewer stages than past years’ due to budgeting issues.
WHEN & WHERE:
35th Annual San Francisco Carnaval Festival
Saturday, May 25 and Sunday, May 26, 2013 (10 am-6 pm)
Harrison Street between 16th and 24th Streets
FREE, but donations accepted
Carnaval Grand Parade:
Sunday, May 26, 2013 (9:30 am)
Begins at Bryant & 24th Streets, proceeds down Mission Street to 17th Street