2013 Taiwanese American Cultural Festival | Union Square
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Union Square Park | Geary and Powell, San Francisco, CA
At the festival, attendees will have the opportunity to experience a characteristic element of Taiwan – the “night market,” learn more about Taiwan’s history and Taiwanese Americans in the Bay Area, as well as enjoy Taiwanese delicacies.
On the stage, there will be performances presented by the Dance Department of the National Taiwan University of Arts and local Taiwanese American musicians, including the alternative rock band, Johnny Hi-Fi and more.
2013 Taiwanese American Cultural Festival
Saturday, May 11, 2013 | 10 am to 5 pm
Union Square, San Francisco
The exhibitions at the 2013 festival will include:
- Demonstrations using Taiwanese glove puppets (present the Lunar/ Eastern Zodiac Story)
- Taiwanese arts and crafts
- Games with prizes
- Visual displays to illustrate Taiwanese technology
- Marketplace with orchids from Taiwan
- Taiwanese specialty foods including red bean cake, fried vermicelli, tea eggs, Hakka mochi, bean curd with peanuts (for purchase).
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Eating & Drinking, Fairs & Festivals, KFOG, Kids & Families, San Francisco, Theater & Performance