Oaktoberfest turns 15! Oakland’s two-day, family-friendly festival celebrates craft beer, music, art, ecology, and Oakland in a big way! S
Spanning over a full weekend of fun, Oaktoberfest offers the The Smoakland Blue Dream Main Stage along with four stages of music and dance performances, roaming entertainment, hundreds of vendors including an outdoor artisan vendor marketplace, a mouthwatering collection of food vendors, plus inspired local kitchens offering traditional German-inspired cuisine.
For our 21+ over friends, Oaktoberfest boasts over 200+ local craft brews from 50+ breweries, making our event a destination for beer enthusiasts. Oaktoberfest will bring world-class beer to the Brotzeit Bavarian Beer Hall, serving steins of traditional German flavors and regional brew pub favorites. The event is free to attend, but the drinks are not. For discounts, attendees can advance-order packages available now at Oaktoberfest.org.
Oaktoberfest in the Dimond 2022
Saturday, October 1st (11AM – 7PM)
Sunday, October 2nd, 2022 (10AM – 5PM)
Oakland’s Family-Friendly Craft Beer Festival
MacArthur Blvd. and Fruitvale Ave., Oakland, CA
– Free Admission + Activities for All Ages
– Wheelchair Accessible
Info & to Purchase Drink Packages, visit Oaktoberfest.org
Friends of all ages can enjoy Oaktoberfest’s famous RootBier Garten along the Head-Royce School Family Strasse that is lined with interactive kids’ games and activities, a Parents’ Chill Zone, and the Alameda County Supervisor Nate Miley Family Stage featuring youth performers from all across the East Bay.
German music and dance abound with traditional performances by Deutscher Musikverein of San Francisco. Throughout the weekend, the festival welcomes some of the best Bay Area and touring musicians, a DJ Dance Zone and opportunities to dance.
The ultimate feel-good event, Oaktoberfest is designed not only to celebrate the proud history of a shining district in Oakland, but also to raise funds for improvement projects, community development programs, and future events in Oakland’s Dimond District. The success of this festival relies on committed volunteers, generous sponsors and community partners and engaged local businesses and area residents, whose positive impacts uplifts the community.
Oaktoberfest 2022 Festival Highlights
- The Smoakland Blue Dream Main Stage will feature modern sounds from renowned regional artists.
- Over 200 craft beers from the East Bay to Germany, Wine and Cider Pavilion, and Homebrew tasting, Tequila Blanco Trece Street Bar.
- “Dancing in the Dimond” Saturday Dance Zone hosted by About the Music. Sunday turf dance showcase hosted by TURFinc.
- Brotzeit Bavarian Hall: Munic-style hall seating brings family, friends, and community together with festive music in the Farmers Insurance Ruth Stroup MusikHaus. Reserved seating with authentic German family style feast prepared by Grand Lake Kitchen Dimond [advanced purchased required]
- Reusable Food Ware Demo: As part of a grant from StopWaste to help restaurants along MacArthur from Dimond through Laurel convert their take out packaging to reusables you will see a reusables foodware demo with an event food vendor. In partnership with Tante’s Catering and Sudbusters.
- The Head-Royce School Family Strasse will host interactive games, crafts, and displays will be featured in the Kids Area courtesy of Dimond Library, Oakland Parks and Rec, and Komodo Toys. Celebrate an active day with a stein of root beer and Loard’s ice cream from the famous Root Biergarten. Sit down and enjoy some children’s entertainment presented on the Alameda County Supervisor Nate Miley Family Stage.
- Mad Zymurgists Homebrewers’ Alley: This year’s event will showcase a Homebrewers’ Alley, taste one-of-a-kind brews perfected by accomplished homebrewers. Beer making demos and guidance will motivate aspiring brewers.
Join us in celebrating our beautiful Oakland community — the art, music, and traditions that bring us together — on Saturday, October 1st and Sunday, October 2nd at the Annual Oaktoberfest in the Dimond!
For more information and complete lineup, please visit: www.oaktoberfest.org