Free Union Square Ice Skating Day + Free Ice Cream
To commemorate ten years of outdoor skating at Union Square, you’re invited to a free all-day birthday celebration featuring complimentary ice skating and skate rentals, free ice cream scoops from Humphry Slocombe (featuring a custom flavor from 1-8 pm), a live art installation by local artist fnnch (noon ’til dark), and more.
Take to the ice in party hats and enjoy face painting, balloon animals, and other celebratory birthday party activities.
Union Square Ice Rink 10th Birthday Party
Friday, November 3, 2017 | 10 am to 11:30 pm
Union Square, SF
FREE (includes free skate rental) – Ice cream is one scoop per person while supplies last
What if it rains? The Holiday Ice Rink in Union Square remains open in light to moderate rain, but may close in heavy and sustained rain at the discretion of Ice Rink management.
When can I skate? There are seven free skating sessions on Friday – first-come, first serve. There are approximately 250 people on the ice at any given time, so there’s lots of turnover during the day.
Friday’s Free Ice Skating Sessions:
- 10 – 11:30 am
- 12 – 1:30 pm
- 2 – 3:30 pm
- 4 – 5:30 pm
- 6 – 7:30 pm
- 8 – 9:30 pm
- 10 – 11:30 pm
- 9:50 am: Yerba Buena Skaters perform
- 10 am: Rink Opens – Free skating all day
- 10:30 am: Face Paint / Balloons
- 11:50 am: Yerba Buena Skaters perform
- 12 pm: fnnch – Live mural installation (Noon – 6/8 pm)
- 1 pm: Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream scooping begins (1-8 pm)
- 1:50 pm: Yerba Buena Skaters perform
- 3:50 pm: Yerba Buena Skaters perform
- 4 pm: DJ Set (4 pm-close)
- 5:50 pm: Yerba Buena Skaters perform
- 6 pm: Face painting (6-8 pm)
- 7:50 pm: Yerba Buena Skaters perform
- 11:30 pm: Rink Closes
Submitted by Johnny Funcheap