SF’s “Summer of Love” Grand Lighting & Concert
Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Summer of Love on the first official night of summer with the grand opening of a new light art installation that will make the Conservatory of Flowers look like it dropped acid, turning the all-white structure into a canvas of elegantly illuminated scenes every night through October.
Plus, for the launch on June 21st, they will be having a very special free Surrealistic Summer Solstice jam from 6-10 pm to accompany the lighting, revisiting the iconic songs of the late 1960s with over 40 legendary musicians.
The flower-powered celebration is free and open to all ages. It begins on John F. Kennedy Drive in front of the Conservatory at 6 pm at the main stage. A variety of food trucks from Off the Grid will be available as well, and the Conservatory is encouraging attendees to wear tie-dye to evoke the late ’60s.
At approximately 9:15 pm, all eyes will be on the Conservatory for the Grand Lighting
Grand Lighting & Surrealistic Summer Solstice
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 | 6 to 10pm
Grand Lighting approximately 9:15pm
Conservatory of Flowers, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
FREE – RSVP on Eventbrite
– Please take public transportation to the event. The closest MUNI bus to the event is the 5 Fulton at Fulton Street and 6th Ave. It runs until the end of the event and beyond
– Street closures – JFK Drive, Nancy Pelosi Drive, Arguello at Fulton
– Event is subject to capacity, so arrive early
What Not to Bring
The following items are not allowed – tents, canopies, large coolers, glass, backpacks larger than 9×12 – read more
Schedule (Subject to change)
6pm – Surrealistic Summer Solstice Concert Begins
9:15pm – Remarks and Countdown
9:18pm – Illumination Begins, Coordinates with Music (17min show)
- Daisy – White Rabbit, Jefferson Airplane
- Halftone – She’s a Rainbow, Jefferson Airplane
- Mancala – Tomorrow Never Knows, Jefferson Airplane
- Butterfly – For What It’s Worth, Jefferson Airplane
- XRay – Incense and Peppermint, Strawberry Alarm Clock
- Solarization – San Francisco, Scott McKenzie
- members of ALO
- The Chambers Brothers
- The Jefferson Airplane
- Quicksilver Messenger Service
- Phil Lesh’s Terrapin Family Band
- New Monsoon
- Moonalice and more
Space is limited at this event, and the public is encouraged to make a free reservation.