The Crucible’s Fall Open House & Fire Shows | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
The Crucible | 1260 7th Street, Oakland, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Join for a day of creativity, awe-inspiring demonstrations, and tons of free activities for you and your friends and family. At the upcoming Fall Open House.
The faculty will be on hand demonstrating techniques in blacksmithing, woodworking, and glass flameworking—just to name a few. You can also get hands-on with free events in clay, leather, welding, and stone carving. Plus, there willl have live performances throughout the day, multiple galleries to explore, food trucks, and even a kids bike raffle.
- Three Art Galleries
- Discounted Classes – Sign up for a class and get $25 off
- Food, Drinks, and Coffee
- Local Vendors
- Hands-On Activities – Copper Stamping, Henna, Wet Welding, Stone Carving and more
- Win A Bike
- 12:30 pm: What Is Wet Welding? Location: MIG Welding
- 12:45 pm: Foundry Pour in Bronze Location: Foundry Department
- 1:00 pm: Executive Director Susan Mernit Says Hi Location: Main Stage
- 1:15 pm: Fire Performance Location: Main Stage
- 1:30 pm: Blacksmithing demo Location: Blacksmithing
- 1:45 pm: Enameling With A Torch Location: Jewelry & Enameling
- 2:00 pm: Capturing Hearts With Glass Beads Location: Glass Flameworking
- 2:15 pm: Prescott Circus Theatre Location: Main Stage
- 2:30 pm: Blowing Venetian-Style Goblets Location: Glass Blowing
- 3:00 pm: How to Make a Silicone Mold Location: Moldmaking
- 3:15 pm: Fire Performance Location: Main Stage
- 3:30 pm: Decorative Sandblasting and Engraving Location: Glass Casting & Coldworking
- 3:45 pm: Making Multiples with Slipcasting Location: Ceramics
- 4:15 pm: Bronze Foundry Pour Location: Main Stage
There will be local vendors selling their wares and art, including ceramic pieces, jewelry, glass, sculptures, and much more. This event is free and open to the public, all are welcome. Parents of small children will need to pay special attention, as the studio space does have some rough edges.