Digital Dialogue: A Year Marked by COVID-19
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Submitted by the Event Organizer
As we reach as a nation one full year of living with, dying from and grieving from COVID-19 we want to hold space to recognize, memorialize and offer space for understanding how COVID-19 impacts our mental health and wellbeing.
All of our lives are complexly touched by COVID and we are here to connect, learn and share resources for how to care for ourselves as we move through this 1-year mark honoring grief, as well as hope.
We will join together in a digital dialogue and discussion with mental health experts from TogetherWell whose sole mission is to remove barriers to mental health education access and resources for everyone.
What to expect:
– Space to reflect on marking a year since the pandemic hit in a safe, supportive environment
– Introspective reflection on how we as individuals have been impacted by the pandemic
– Guided exploration with mental health experts from TogetherWell to understand the science of stress responses and how COVID impacts that response for us
– Group discussion and active listening
– Guided workshop on inducing the relaxation response when we are stressed and room to practice these techniques in small groups
– Guided self- care meditation
– Wellness Resources that are free and available through TogetherWell’s programming!
Volunteers will commit to treat others with respect and to keep an open heart and mind.