MegaBlack SF’s “Juneteenth on the Waterfront” Festival
Ferry Plaza (South Tower) | 653 Union St., San Francisco, CA
- What: Juneteenth on the Waterfront
- When: Saturday, June 19, 2021, 8 am to 2 pm
- Where: Embarcadero Ferry Terminal Plaza and Ferry Plaza Farmers Market at the Ferry Building (Embarcadero and Market Streets), San Francisco
- Who: Presented by MegaBlack SF; cosponsored by CUESA and Port of San Francisco
- Event page: megablacksf.org/juneteenth
Details: Celebrate local Black-owned businesses at Juneteenth on the Waterfront on Saturday, June 19! Join MegaBlack SF, CUESA, and the Port of San Francisco for a day of fun, community, and delicious, handcrafted food at the Embarcadero Ferry Terminal Plaza (south of the Ferry Building) and Ferry Plaza Farmers Market at the San Francisco Ferry Building. Entry is free and open to the public, and food will be available for purchase.
For the first time, Juneteenth will be celebrated at the Embarcadero. The event will spotlight local Black producers, celebratory Juneteenth foods, music, and learning opportunities.
MegaBlackSF has also created an online store with special-edition educational materials, a Juneteenth Family Kit and branded merchandise to celebrate the occasion. MegaBlack SF will have an educational booth to explain the importance of Juneteenth.>The event will take place concurrently with CUESA’s Ferry Plaza Farmers Market, which brings thousands of San Franciscans and visitors to the Ferry Building every Saturday.
Participating Businesses and Community Partners
- Crumble & Whisk: Cheesecakes, baked goods
- Delightful Foods: Pies, vegan “No Cookies,” ginger beverages
- A Girl Named Pinky: Cookies, brownies, cakes, tarts
- Gumbo Social: Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, Grilled Shrimp Po’Boys, Cali Greens, Red Beans and Rice
- Minnie Bell’s Soul Movement: Southern desserts
- Peaches Patties: Jamaican Beef Patty, Jamaican Curry Chicken Patty, Jamaican Ackee Saltfish Patty (breakfast; sold from 8am-10am), Jamaican Impossible Beef Patty (vegan), Jerk Chicken Wings and Plantains, Sorrel (Jamaican Hibiscus Drink), Homemade Ginger Beer
- The Pleasure Principle Supperclub & Dining Events: Jerk Chicken Salad with Crispy Tostones and/or Cold Curry Noodles Guyanese with Red Curry Sauce + Poached Shrimp and/or Watermelon/Papaya “Ceviche” with Marash Chili, Lime + Merlot Salt
- Teranga: Baobab-based juices, energy bars, Nambe Senegalese black-eyed peas chili
- Wanda’s Cooking: Pepper Chowchow, Cornbread, Hummus, Spice, Beverage
- Yes Pudding: Banana Pudding, Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler, Peach Cobbler a la Mode, Banana Fosters, Bread Pudding with Bourbon Caramel, “Sock It To Me” Bread Pudding, Pineapple Upside Down Bread Pudding
- En2action/Ujamaa Kitchen
- SF Francisco Human Rights Commission: Stand Together SF – Campaign for Solidarity: Learn about the Black diaspora and assemble a Solidarity Kit
- UPLFTRS: Black-owned domino tournament
- Port of San Francisco: Video presentation on how the African-American workforce has helped to shape the Waterfront
A number of Ferry Plaza Farmers Market vendors will also be donating a portion of their proceeds to the MegaBlack SF Black Wellness Fund.
About MegaBlack SF
MegaBlackSF fights for visibility, sovereignty, dignity and justice for Black San Franciscans. Help support the MegaBlack SF Black Wellness Fund, which invests in organizations that address issues of mental health and wellness; economic development, including employment and housing; and education for African American residents in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Block Party, Fairs & Festivals, In Person, Protests / Causes