“Nightlife on Mars” Underground Comedy Night w/ Kevin O’Shea | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Murphy’s Pub | 217 Kearny Street, San Francisco, CA 94108
Submitted by the Event Organizer
CANCELED: “Nightlife on Mars” Comedy Night | SF
Nightlife on Mars is a weekly comedy show at Murphy’s Pub, produced by local comics Joe Nguyen, Red Scott, and Natasha Muse.
The three members of Nightlife on Mars are the triptych that represents the spiritual base of the San Francisco comedy scene. Between them, they’ve performed with comic talents ranging from Robin Williams to Wyatt Cenac, and have been featured by the SF Weekly, The Daily Mail, and KALW.
Nightife on Mars Stand-Up Comedy
Most Saturdays | 8 pm to 9:30 pm
– Schedule may vary, so check their website before you head out
Murphy’s Pub, 217 Kearny @ Sutter, SF (Financial Dist.)
FREE with secret code CHEAPBASTARD (limited tickets only) otherwise it’s $10.
The show takes place in a private room in Murphy’s Pub.
Updated 5/28/19 – Event info last checked via website
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Kevin O'Shea | CANCELED: “Nightlife on Mars” Comedy Night | SF
Guests for the 9/26 show include:
- Kevin O’Shea – Established in 1984 following the mergers of Steven and Cathy O’Shea, Kevin O’Shea has been one of San Francisco’s leading manufacturers of mirth, laughter, hilarity and all around good times. Kevin has been commonly described as clever, absurd, awkward, but in a funny way and too smart for his own good. He has been seen on the Independent Film Chanel and ComedyCentral.com. He was featured as one of the “30 Under 30: Comedians You Should Watch” by Splashlife and Funny or Die. He is a favorite of comedy festivals such as: The SF Sketch Fest, The Burrito and Comedy Festival, Out of Bounds, and the Bridgetown Comedy Festival. Go see him now as his 4th quarter productivity has never been higher.
- Ben Kolina – Ben Kolina got his first experience drawing laughter from strangers in the right-field bleachers of the Oakland Coliseum, at the expense of visiting players. A proud resident of Livermore, California, Ben mounted an unsuccessful campaign for the mayor’s office at 18 years of age. (Yes. Ben “mounted.” Then was discounted.) Currently 28, a former musician, a former journalism student, and an experienced retail technician; Ben Kolina ate hallucinogenic mushrooms in the woods two summers ago, and decided to do stand-up comedy. Since then, Ben has performed in showcases at Tommy T’s and at San Francisco’s historic Purple Onion.
- Jeff Anaya – Student, Writer, Performer, Slacker, Liar.
- Justin Alan – A young and passionate man, hustling hard in the San Francisco scene of stand up comedy. He first stepped on stage as a comedian in January of 2011, and has already blessed such stages as, Tommy T’s Comedy House, The Comedy Store, The Purple Onion, The Improv San Jose, The Punchline Sacramento, The Punchline San Francisco, and Stand Up NY, along with countless others less notable by name alone. With comedy as his driving passion, Justin has already travel up and down California from Humboldt to L.A. and even out of state to New York. He has opened for Bobby Lee and Neal Brennan. He wins over every crowd with his cleverly dirty subject matter presented in obscure wordings, often outing himself with embarrassing and hilarious stories. Though his act may leave you in tears of laughter, craving a cold shower and a Twinkie, his professional attire (i.e. signature bow ties) will allow you to leave with your self respect in tact.
- Michael Montgomery and more
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: Comedy, San Francisco