The Parnassus Revue: Literary Variety Show | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Mutiny Radio | 2781 21st Street, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The Parnassus Revue is a debut live literary arts variety show at SF’s Mutiny Radio studios happening on Saturday, March 29, 2014.
If you can’t make it, tune in through the live-streamed program or download a free podcast version of the event at mutinyradio.fm.
Featured performers include:
- Writer & Stage Performer Eliot Fintushel (a twice-recipient of the National Endowment for the Arts)
- Poet & Photographer LJ Moore (Producer/Director of Invisible City Audio Tours)
- Novelist & Storyteller Scott Lambridis (Co-Founder of Omnibucket.com & Co-Host of Action Fiction)
- Poet Ryan Nash (Poetry Editor for Fourteen Hills)
- Litography Director & Co-Founder Ninna Gaensler-Debs (Producer for KALW, a subsidiary station of NPR)
- Poet Katy Gurin (Naturalist, Civil Engineer, and California Poet Extraordinaire)
- Poet Carly May Hedstrom (Co-Director for the North Bay Writers Collective)
Also, join special guests Anisse Gross (The New Yorker, The Believer) and KALW Producer Ninna Gaensler-Debs for a discussion about Debs’s new endeavor, The Litography Project, an interactive and evolving multimedia map honoring San Francisco’s literary past, present and future.
Wine and beverages will be available for a modest price. All proceeds benefit Art Healing Animals, a Bay Area charity that raises money through selling artwork to provide healthcare and rehousing for sick and at-risk animals.
The Parnassus Revue is a monthly literary arts variety show and radio program hosted by SF writer Michael Shufro. See your favorite authors and discover a host of new writers, actors, literary aficionados, street poets, slam poets, scriptwriters, and immersion reporters. Each program features 5-10 guests plus live musical accompaniment. All shows are free and each show benefits a different charity from across the Bay Area.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.