SF’s Free Outdoor Sports Day: BMX, Skateboarding, Rock Wall (2023)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Minnie & Lovie Ward Rec Center | 650 Capitol Ave., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
SF’s Free Winter Outdoor Sports Day: BMX, Skateboarding, Rock Wall (2023)
Mobile Rec features free non-traditional recreation activities including skateboarding/BMX on Fresh Park equipment (ramps, rails and manual pads), disc golf, lawn games, and sea kayaking. Plus certain dates have a rock wall. Locations subject to change, Events subject to cancellation due to rain
Equipment for these activities is transported to recreation centers, parks, playgrounds and special events all over San Francisco on Saturdays throughout the year.
See the January – March 2023 schedule
- January 14 – Gilman Playground – 903 Gilman Ave. (w/ rock wall)
- January 21 – Waller Street Skatepark – 751 Stanyan St.
- January 28 – Crocker Amazon Skatepark – 1640 Geneva
- February 4 – Palega Rec Center – 500 Felton St. (w/ rock wall)
- February 11 – County Fair Building – 1199 9th Ave. Golden Gate Park (w/ rock wall)
- February 18 – India Basin Shoreline Park – Hunters Point Blvd. & Hawes
- February 25 – Potrero Hill Playground – 733 Arkansas St.
- March 4 – Minnie Love Ward Rec Center – 650 Capitol Ave (w/ rock wall)
- See upcoming dates
BMX- BMX (Bicycle Motocross) is an independent sport that is accessible to anyone who can ride a bike. The sport has two distinct genres – racing and freestyle. The Mobile Recreation Unit will provide BMX bikes and set-up a variety of ramps and obstacles for you to start mastering your skills in tricks and bike handling.
SKATEBOARDING- Learn to skateboard or enhance your skills. RPD staff is available to help you learn ground basics such as pushing & stopping then progress to advanced skills such as nose and tail stalls, dropping in, and kick turns. The Mobile Recreation will provide some skateboards, helmets and pads, however it is encouraged to bring your own, as we have limited gear. Helmets are mandatory for all participants. Other safety gear recommended.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*, In Person, Kids & Families, Outdoors