Canceled – 2017 Berkeley Bay Festival | Free Boat Rides, Live Music & Adventure Playground
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Berkeley Marina | University Ave. and Marina Blvd., Berkeley, CA
Unfortunately the Berkeley Bay Festival has been canceled due to sh*tty weather for 2017.
Spend a day by the Bay listening to music, enjoying food, taking free sailboat and Dragon boat rides, and exploring the Berkeley Marina at the Berkeley Bay Festival.
2017 Berkeley Bay Festival
Saturday, April 8, 2017 | 11 am to 4 pm
- Pick up a Passport to the Bay. Head around to each of the tables to participate in hands-on activities where you can learn a few amazing things.
- Come see the E.B.R.P.D. mobile fresh water fish exhibit. These large fish are found locally in the delta and lakes nearby. Make sure you stop by the classroom to see the 200 gallon salt water native fish tanks and fresh water native fish tanks.
- Visit the straw bale “green” building and pick up information about solar products and insulated windows from the exhibitors. In addition, groups will have summer program offerings and locations you can go to for educational trips.
- In 2017, the food vendors will be: Fist Full of Flour-Pizza and Endless Summer Sweets.
2017 Stage Lineup
- 11-11:45 am: Gary Lapow – Childrens Music
- 12-12:45 pm: Street Theater – Circus Arts by Dana Smith
- 1-1:45 pm: Lee Waterman Trio
Activities on the Water
- 1-3 pm: Off the South Sailing Basin dock, there will be free sailboat rides in small boats. To ride in the larger Keel boats ,sign up in the main field for your turn, offered by the Cal Sailing Club.
- 11 am to 3:30 pm: For paddling lessons in a dragon boat, sign-up with the Berkeley Dragon Boat group in the main festival area. Life jackets will be provided.
Kids of all ages are encouraged to build, paint, climb, and ride the zip line. Parents must supervise their children in the park and sign the waiver as they enter.
- 1:30-3 pm: See the Berkeley Firetruck in the lot in front of Adventure Playground and talk to the firemen.
To help the environment, they encourage alternate transportation and carpooling, if you are riding your bike, you can park it next to Adventure Playground during the event.
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Earth Day, East Bay, Fairs & Festivals, Kids & Families