Union Square Live 2018
The 2018 Union Square Live festival presents dozens of free events like live music, swing and tango dance lessons, film nights, circus arts, and more in Union Square Park from May through October.
Union Square Live | 2018
May to October
Union Square Park, SF
All events are free and open to the public
Please note as far as we can tell, the 2018 kickoff is May 6 and not May 4th as was previously listed.
May 2018 Dates
- Sunday, May 6: 2-4 pm — Tango in the Square (DJ/Dance Lesson) with Bay Area Argentine Tango Association
- Wednesday, May 9: 6-8 pm — Jinx Jones & King-Tones (Rock/Oldies)
- Sunday, May 13: 2-4 pm — Crosscut (Blues/Rock)
- Wednesday, May 16: 6-8 pm — Stompy Jones (Swing/Blues)
- Sunday, May 20: 2-4 pm — Manring, Kassin, Burr (Avant-Garde/Jazz)
- Wednesday, May 23: 6-8 pm — Moonalice (American Roots/Folk)
- Sunday, May 27: 2-4 pm — Matt Jaffe (Indie/Rock)
- Wednesday, May 30: 12:30-1:30 pm — The Alcatraz Islanders (Hawaiian/Jazz)
June/July/August/September/October Schedules coming soon
Sunday, May 27
Matt Jaffe is a singer/songwriter from San Francisco. Cutting his teeth on open mics around the Bay Area, Matt started taking music (a little bit) more seriously when Jerry Harrison of Talking Heads offered to produce his first record. Since then, Matt has churned out …
Wednesday, May 30
The Alcatraz Islanders perform swing era Hawaiian music that blends traditional island melodies with mainland jazz.