Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Eating & Drinking, Fairs & Festivals, Fun & Games, KFOG, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops, Live Music, San Francisco
Pistahan 2014: Filipino Cultural Festival & Parade | SF
Experience the largest celebration of Filipino art, dance, music and food at the Pistahan Parade & Festival at the Yerba Buena Gardens.
2014 Pistahan Parade
Saturday, August 9, 2014 | 11 am
Witness a dazzling display of Filipino culture and traditions at the Pistahan Parade down Market Street, from Civic Center to 4th Street. For 2014 they will have the first ever Manny Pacqiaou look-a-like contest contingent in the parade.
- 10:00 am–Opening ceremonies kick-off the Pistahan weekend
- 10:30 am—Contingents line up for parade
- 11:00 am–The Pistahan Parade begins at the San Francisco Civic Center at Grove Street and Larkin Street, marches down Market Street, makes a right on 4th street and ends at Yerba Buena Gardens on Howard Street.
2014 Pistahan Festival
Saturday-Sunday, August 9-10 | 11 am to 5 pm
Yerba Buena Gardens, Mission St. and Yerba Buena Lane, SF
2014 brings a myriad of free food contests. They are free, but you must sign up in advance to compete.
- 10th Annual Adobo Cook-Off | Saturday, August 9 at 4 pm
Professional and amateur chefs are invited to participate in the 10th annual Adobo Cookoff, where celebrity judges and the audience get to vote for the winners.
- Magnolia Purple Freeze Challenge | Saturday, August 9 at 4:30 pm
A fun and exciting speed-eating contest where the person who eats the most ube (purple yam) ice cream in three minutes is the winner! Brain freeze at its finest. Sponsored by locally-based Ramar Foods.
- Balut-Eating Contest | Sunday, August 10 at 4 pm
This contest has grown in both participants and popularity with both Filipinos and non-Filipinos alike. Winners gain bragging rights for the whole year. Oh, yeah … balut is a fertilized duck egg.
- Heavenly Ice Cream Tasting Bee | Sunday, August 10 at 4:30 pm
Test your taste buds and see if you can figure out what ice creams are what flavors. This “tasting bee” is like a spelling bee, but for ice cream.
Enjoy world-class performances at the main Pistahan Stage and at the more intimate Bayanihan Stage—showcasing Filipino and Filipino American performers, including folk dance, modern dance, hip-hop, R&B, rap, jazz, Broadway, balagtasan (spoken word), and more.
Check out the 2014 Pistahan performance stage schedules.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Eating & Drinking
, Fairs & Festivals
, Fun & Games
, Kids & Families
, Lectures & Workshops
, Live Music
, San Francisco
Address: Mission St. and Yerba Buena Lane, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by Rena