Strange Performance Art Party, Food Trucks & Pedal-Powered Music | Sausalito
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Headlands Center for the Arts | 944 Fort Barry, Sausalito, CA
Celebrate Headlands’ 30th birthday at their birthday party festival, CARAVANNIVERSARY: Pods, Contraptions, and Relics with artist-conceived projects and games, surf activities, artist-led hikes, a bike race challenge course, live music, hands-on projects, food trucks and local artisan merchant booths from 12 – 5 PM.
A great line-up of fun Bay Area bands who will be playing throughout the afternoon, including: Spencer Owen, Jeff Manson, and Magic! Magic Roses. Ride the bikes Pedal-Powered Sound System to power the show, which is presented on a raft-stage, an artist project by Nathaniel Parsons.
PODS (Sculptures that you can crawl inside of)
- Suzanne Husky’s Sleeper Cells
- Jay Nelson’s Surf Transport Vehicles
- Bunnie Reiss’ animal-themed blanket fort tucked in the cypress trees for children to have a quiet space.
- Joshua Short’s short-wave radio beasts, nestled throughout the grounds and broadcasting the sounds of Headlands!
- Among the vendor booths and artist projects, there will be several free activities for visitors of all ages -
- Sasha Petrenko’s STORY SHELL invites visitors to share their memories of the Headlands in sewn sections of her pod-like structure
- Park Partners Bay Area Discovery Museum and NatureBridge will both host child-centered enviro-education and art activities
- There will be a free play area in the meadow supplied with balls and other games. All activities, games, pods, workshops, and vendor booths are free to walk through and enjoy.