2016 Lunar New Year Celebration | Redwood City
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Courthouse Square | 2200 Broadway, Redwood City, CA
Come to the 6th annual Lunar New Year Celebration in Redwood City featuring lion dancers, red panda acrobats, martial artists, taiko drummers, and other live performances for this celebration. Plus, there will be a free Kids Arts and Crafts Area on Saturday, February 27, 2016.
The Lunar New Year is one of the most important holidays in Asian heritage, often celebrated with big family gatherings, gift giving, the eating of symbolic foods, and displays of festive decorations – all focused on bringing good luck for the New Year and celebrating the imminent arrival of spring. This celebration of the Year of the Monkey is free and open to the public.
- 11:00- 11:25 am Opening Ceremonies – Shaolin Culture Center
- 11:25-11:55 am Shaolin Culture Center – Martial Artist
- 12:00-12:25 pm Shinnyo-En Temple – Taiko Drumming
- 12:30-1:00 pm Red Panda Acrobats
- 1:05-1:30 pm Shinnyo-En Temple – Taiko Drumming
- 1:45-2:30 pm California Kung Fu & Tai Chi
- 2:30-3:30 pm Sing Tao Chinese Radio Entertainment
- 3:30-4:00 pm Lion Dancers – Closing Ceremony
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, Lunar New Year, Peninsula, Theater & Performance