San Francisco Opera’s 2013 Free Day & Open House | Civic Center
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
War Memorial Opera House | 301 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA
Celebrate San Francisco Opera‘s 2013 Season with a day of free performances, activities and giveaways at the War Memorial Opera House during their annual free community open house on Saturday, November 9, 2013.
Free, but an RSVP will enter you in a drawing for free opera tickets.
– Family session at 10:30am
– Adult session at Noon.
Activities during the 10:30am morning session will be geared mainly toward families. The afternoon session beginning at noon will provide more opportunities for adult patrons.
2013 San Francisco Opera Open House
Saturday, November 9, 2013 | 10:30 am to 2:30 pm
War Memorial Opera House, 301 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco
The 2013 Open House will feature:
- Onstage musical demonstrations with the San Francisco Opera Orchestra and vocal soloists
- Onstage demonstration and sing-along with the San Francisco Opera Chorus
- Stage combat workshops and wig and makeup demonstrations for adults and families
- Family activities: scavenger hunt, costume photo booth, prop-making, sing-along with the Adler Fellows—and more
- A chance to meet General Director David Gockley
- Off the Grid food trucks from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Concessions in the War Memorial Opera House lobbies
- Patina’s beer/wine garden in the outdoor Loggia (Grand Tier level) of the Opera House beginning at 11:30 am
- The San Francisco Opera Shop, offering CDs, books, gifts, SF Opera DVDs and more
- Enter to win four tickets to see The Barber of Seville or The Barber of Seville for Families
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, KFOG, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops, Live Music, San Francisco, Theater & Performance