Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Block Party, Eating & Drinking, Fun & Games, Live Music, Oktoberfest, San Francisco
Schroeder’s 124th Oktoberfest Block Party | SF
San Francisco’s historic German restaurant, Schroeder’s, celebrates the 124th Oktoberfest – the largest beer festival in the world – with a grand Oktoberfest celebration. The celebration kicks off with an over-the-top block party on September 15, 2017. The party moves indoors for the next five consecutive Saturdays with music from 6-9 pm.
Hundreds of revelers join for an outdoor Bavarian beer hall featuring benches and communal tables for outdoor dining to set the stage for dancing, brews and traditional German fare alongside Hofbräu activities, including stein holding contests, Polka dancing and the traditional Danish “chicken dance.” Brats, chicken sausage and pretzels will be available through a token system.
2017 Oktoberfest Performer Schedule
- Friday, September 15, 2017, the block party will transform Front Street into a massive block party beginning at 3 pm with music by Wonderbread 5. 3-8 pm
- Saturday, September 16, 2017 – Schwabenland – 5:30-9:30 pm
- Saturday, September 23, 2017 – Excelsior Swing – 5:30-9:30 pm
- Saturday, September 30, 2017 – Blowmusik – 5:30-9:30 pm
- Saturday, October 7, 2017 – Joseph Smiell -5:30-9:30 pm
- Saturday, October 14, 2017 – Polkalicious – 5:30-9:30 pm
Schroeder’s is kicking off Oktoberfest in true Bavarian Style with their annual Block Party. It’ll be a lively bash with live music by WonderBread 5, lots of Hofbrau beer, Jager shots, sausages, pretzels, prizes, beer games, and of course the chicken dance.
Wear your Oktoberfest best; dirndls and lederhosen attire is strongly encouraged.
*Free, but food and drinks are for purchase.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Block Party
, Eating & Drinking
, Fun & Games
, Live Music
, San Francisco
Address: 240 Front St, San Francisco CA
Submitted by Michie