2010 Italian Heritage Parade | North Beach
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Come to one of the city’s oldest celebration of heritage and longest-running Italian-American parades in the nation – a bright and colorful San Francisco institution since it was established in 1868
Highlights of the 142nd Annual Italian Heritage Parade include:
- Dozens of handcrafted parade floats from Italian organizations and businesses
- Local high school Italian clubs and marching bands
- Special appearances by “Christopher Columbus” on his Santa Maria Float
- Queen Isabella and Her full, glorious Court
- Festive open-air dining & Italian wine and food specials at North Beach restaurants
- Performances by a variety of traditional Italian musicians and performance artists
- Special appearances by Bay Area and Italian-American celebrities.
ROUTE: From Fisherman’s Wharf, parade will head North up Jefferson, turn left on Leavensworth and then climb Columbus Avenue past Washington Square for a small loop before finishing there.
Tags: Floats, North Beach, Parade
Categories: *Top Pick*, Event, Fairs & Festivals, Kids & Families, San Francisco