Electrify your child’s imagination at CuriOdyssey’s spectacular light exhibition. All facets of this family-friendly exhibition focus on the beauty and characteristics of light. CuriOdyssey’s approach to education awakens kids’ curiosity, builds critical thinking skills and inspires an interest in science and the natural world. The non-profit outdoor science museum and zoo make serious science and nature exciting and fun for kids.
Science of Light
November 4, 2022 – January 16, 2023
– Tuesdays through Sundays, 10a to 5p (Closed on Mondays)
– Open First Friday nights until 8pm on 11/4, 12/2 & 1/6
CuriOdyssey, 1651 Coyote Point Dr, San Mateo
IlluminOdyssey is included with museum admission
– Adult winter admission – $25.95
– Child/Senior/Student winter admission – $21.95
– Infants (0–17 months) receive free museum admission
– Hours + Admission | Directions + Parking
- Exhibit may close early for select special events
- This exhibit contains flashing lights which may not be suitable for those with photosensitivity or are prone to seizures or discomfort.
Inspired by the science of light, this amazing exhibition will thrill guests with fascinating works of interactive luminosity and kid-friendly glowing art.
IlluminOdyssey offers visitors multiple chances to become scientists for a day. Create luminous line drawings. Use hands as stencils to freeze shadows. Observe complex glowing wave patterns. Create a surprising mosaic or animate a three-dimensional sculpture. Learn about light, photoluminescence, color, additive light mixing, waves, fluorescence, fluid dynamics, subtractive color mixing, and geometry.
*Child - $21.95, Adult - $25.95. Admission includes IlluminOdyssey