Crissy Field Center’s Grand Green Re-Opening
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Bring the whole family to celebrate Crissy Field Center’s Grand gREen Opening at our new cutting edge building on East Beach! See green technology in action while enjoying music from the Banana Slug String band and DJ Baltazar of bay area radio fame, site tours, and family-friendly activities that demonstrate some of the building’s cool sustainability features. Plus tastings from the Beach Hut menu and Eco-goodie give aways make it a fun-filled day for the whole family.
Here is a sample of what we have in store:
- Gather in the Sustainable Arts Workshop to see how images and words can empower action around social and environmental justice issues then craft your own printed slogan on a button or recycled t-shirt.
- Enjoy songs, stories, and interactive games for the little ones at ‘Tot Corner.’
- Construct a sustainable city using scissors, string, and a little ingenuity to transform ordinary cardboard moving boxes into your own work of architectural mastery.
- Get clean, green, and gorgeous in the Urban Ecology Lab as you make safe, non-toxic cleaning supplies for the home, then try a little cosmetic chemistry by combining natural ingredients to create custom lip balm and shaving creams.
This event is FREE and for all ages – No RSVP necessary. The celebration will go on rain or shine.
Directions: From Marina (Marina Gates)
- Enter the Marina Gate on Marina at Baker
- Stay in the right lane and Marina will turn into The Presidio at Old Mason Street
- Crissy Field Center will be on your right, turn in when you see the East Beach/Crissy Field Center sign
- Continue down the driveway for parking
Tags: Family Friendly, Free, Marina District, Outdoors
Categories: *Top Pick*, Kids & Families, San Francisco