Gilroy’s 4th of July Fireworks is Still Happening in 2020
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Gilroy High School | 750 W. Tenth Street, Gilroy, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
For 2020 the city of Gilroy has made arrangements to have the Gilroy Fireworks display take place higher in the sky than in years’ past. This means that homes within approximately 2.5 miles, with direct line of sight of the show, should be able to view the fireworks.
Residents are encouraged to view the fireworks from the safety and comfort of their own home or property, practice social distancing, and wear face coverings where applicable. Gathering or violating the current public health order in any way is strongly discouraged. We encourage residents to enjoy this annual tradition and time with family in a way that is consistent with current protocols for social distancing and restrictive on gathering.
The fireworks display is scheduled to start around dusk on July 4, 2020 and will originate from Gilroy High School.
Please note these details were last verified on 7/2/20 at 5:52pm – Details may change. Please check the organizer’s website for updates before attending.
To help facilitate the safety of our community during this unprecedented time the following closures will be in place starting Friday evening:
- Uvas Creek Levee will be closed between Miller Road and Luchessa Avenue
- Street parking on the west side of Uvas Park Drive will be prohibited
- Street parking on the south side of 10th Street will be prohibited
- Parking and gathering at Gilroy High School and the overflow parking lot will be blocked off and prohibited
- Please be safe and take precautions to protect the health and safety of our community while we celebrate and commemorate this Fourth of July.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, 4th of July, Fairs & Festivals, Fireworks, In Person, South Bay