Kenwood’s 4th of July Fireworks Hike: View 18 Different Shows | 2019
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Sugarloaf Ridge State Park | 2605 Adobe Canyon Road Kenwood, CA 95452
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Climb the tallest mountain in Sonoma Valley–Bald Mountain–for a spectacular evening vantage point. This strenuous hike covers 6.5 miles with 1500 ft. elevation gain–including some steep sections.
Upon arrival at the top, you’ll enjoy a sumptuous mountaintop reception. They’ll serve hearty snacks and sweets, lemonade, libation, and water. Kick back, relax, and enjoy the sunset and then beautiful sights of fireworks display that span the Bay Area–from Windsor in the north, Berkeley, and Oakland in the east, San Francisco to the south, with possible views of the south bay.
Space is limited and we expect to sell out. Reserve your space now.
- Price per ticket is $50, and 100% of proceeds support Team Sugarloaf’s operations of Sugarloaf Ridge State Park.
- Kids 12-17 are $10. Not recommended for children under 12.
- The hike is approximately 6.5 miles round trip. Expect approx. 1.5 hours hiking time each way.
Please arrive at the group campsite (near the Observatory) NO LATER THAN 6:45 PM. Hike begins promptly at 7 pm in order to assure our arrival at the top before dark.
WHAT TO BRING:
* Drinking water for the hike up. We’ll have plenty to drink at the top
* Headlamp or flashlight
* Binoculars, optional
* Blanket and warm clothes (it is often cold on top)
WHAT TO WEAR: Proper attire with sturdy hiking or trail shoes and layered clothing is a must. It will may be cool and windy at the top. Please be prepared with an extra layer.
We will return to the parking lot at approximately 11 pm.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, 4th of July, Fireworks, Outdoors, Sports & Wellness, Walks & Tours