80s Quake Party NightLife | California Academy of Sciences
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
California Academy of Sciences | 55 Music Concourse Dr., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Be among the first to see the Academy’s newly opened Earthquake exhibit and planetarium show, complete with shake table, live ostriches, and an all-digital recreation of the 1906 earthquake.
Enter an Earthquake Sundae-eating competition organized by Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop. Experience soundQuake, a unique visual and acoustic representation of Bay Area earthquake data from 1973 to present day which combines geo-located data with graphics and banjo chords. Check out what a SF foodie would need in case of an emergency with a earthquake kit prepared by Turntable Kitchen.
Live music presented by Noise Pop:
- Weekend, whose power-gloom guitar fuzz blends a post-punk sound with noise-pop mayhem
- Violens, whose cool emotionalism on stage is reminiscent of the mid-’80s U.K. indie scene
- Additional music by New Wave City DJs Shindog & Andy T., organizers of the city’s top 80s dance party.
Special discounted evening admission to the California Academy of Sciences on Thursday evenings with unique special events each week.
- Thursdays, from 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Tickets are $12 ($10 for Academy members). Last entry is 9:00 pm.
- 21+ with Valid ID.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Club / DJ, Recurring - Weekly, San Francisco