Alameda County Health System Walkout For Black Lives
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Highland Hospital & Fairmont Hospital | Oakland, and San Leandro, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
On Monday, July 20, community members united as the Alameda County Coalition for Healthy Communities will rally outside Oakland’s Highland Hospital and San Leandro’s Fairmont Hospital to protest the inadequate, underfunded, unaccountable public healthcare system serving primarily poor Black and brown community members in Alameda County and to demand that the Alameda County Board of Supervisors retake control over Alameda Health System. Workers across Alameda Health System will walk out for Black lives to join the rally and support the nationwide day of action.
Speakers at the Highland rally will include Carroll Fife, Oakland City Council candidate, Boots Riley, and others. Speakers at the Fairmont rally will include Vinnie Bacon, Alameda County Board of Supervisors candidate, and others.
- What: Rally to Demand Alameda County’s Board of Supervisors Retake Control of Alameda Health System
- Who: Boots Riley, Carroll Fife, Vinnie Bacon, Alameda County Coalition for Healthy Communities, and others
- 1. Highland Hospital (Main Entrance, E. 31st & Stuart, Oakland, California)
- 2. Fairmont Hospital (Building B, 15400 Foothill Blvd, San Leandro, California)
- When: Monday, June 20, noon to 2 p.m.
Other actions are planned for the day, including a rally and protest by hundreds of SF union members and community allies in San Francisco, who are demanding an end to police killings, a robust investment in the public services that protect vulnerable people and combat the effects of systemic racism, and that billionaires and corporations are held accountable to pay their fair share to fund these services. More information can be found at https://j20strikeforblacklives.org/
Categories: *Top Pick*, In Person, Protests / Causes