Alaska Airlines $49 Flight Sale. BUT, With a Catch… | SFO
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
SFO | San Francisco International Airport, CA 94128
Submitted by the Event Organizer
While Alaska Airlines is offering some great fares from SFO (starting at $49) but you should be aware, that this is the first time that their $49 fares come with major restrictions.
These are their new “saver” fares which mean that in some cases you don’t get to pick your seat and they will likely break up any party of 2 or more into different seats. Unlike other airlines that allow you to reserve your seat 24-hours before your flight. Alaska essentially throws you to the wolves and won’t assign you a seat until you get to the gate.
The worst part? Some saver fares do let you reserve a seat, some don’t – but you don’t even find out if you’re able to book a seat until after you’ve filled out all of your personal information. And even if you can book a seat, it’s likely a very small portion of seats to choose from – much less choice that Main.
So if you don’t care where you sit (or who you sit next to) then this is perfect for you!
- $49 “Saver” tickets – LAX, San Diego, Orange County ($64 for “Main” which lets your choose seat like all tickets used to allow)
- $59 “Saver” Tickets – Las Vegas ($74 for “Main)
- $64 “Saver” Tickets – Palm Springs ($94 for “Main”)
- $69 “Saver” Tickets – Portland, Seattle ($84 to $99 for “Main”)
- plus additional deals to most major cities
Must purchase by January 7, 2019. Lots of restrictions, black out dates, subject to availability, likely higher on heavy travel days, etc…
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*