Alcatraz Landing Earth Day By The Bay | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Pier 33 | Pier 33, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Saturday, April 21, 2018
Bay Area Science Events
Alcatraz Cruises, the official concessionaire providing ferry service to the island, Invites you to find your park during their 7th annual Earth Day by the Bay. The 2018 Earth Day by the Bay is a day of free, family-friendly activities. Alcatraz Cruises is partnering with local non-profit environmental companies to organize the exciting Earth Day activities and education stations, which are appropriate for all ages.
Activities will include:
- The theme of “Farm to Table to Bay” with an emphasis on sustainable, healthy farm to table practices, environmentally conscious home-life techniques and how these lead to the overall wellness of our bay and watershed. The goal is to inspire healthy choices and behaviors through an educational and engaging experience.
- Discover the Bay where guests can explore water samples from the bay, watch the micro-organisms on a large-display microscope and learn the role living things play in our local marine environment.
- Arts & Crafts for kids where they can create educational, green art and learn more about the Bay.
- Gifts, Prizes and Giveaways for kids…they will receive a passport then visit every booth for stamps. When the passport is filled, children will be invited to enter drawings, win prizes and opportunities to spin the prize wheel.
- Other Activities include music, face painters, entertainment, ECO Art Wall and farming station.
- Participating vendors include: Save Nature; Tree Frog Treks; NorCal Bats; San Francisco Zoo; Aquarium of the Bay; Garden Conservancy; and National Park Service.
Categories: **Annual Event**, Earth Day, Fun & Games, Geek Event, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops