4th at the Wharf: Fireworks & Live Music Performances | 2019
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Fisherman’s Wharf | Jefferson and Taylor, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Come spend the day in the Fisherman’s Wharf District at Pier 39, Old Fisherman’s Wharf, Aquatic Park and Beach, and Ghirardelli Square.
In addition to the street performers and local attractions there is also live music at both Aquatic Park, PIER 39, and Ghirardelli Square. After a day of fabulous entertainment throughout the Wharf, you will be treated to a spectacular fireworks display over San Francisco Bay compliments of the City of San Francisco.
Here are a few “insider tips” for a fab 4th at The Wharf
- Fireworks will be shot off from barges at Aquatic Park and Pier 39. You can watch from all along the waterfront, including the promenade next to the Franciscan Crab Restaurant. If you drive, try the Triangle Lot on Jefferson and Powell streets. It’s a popular spot for parking hatchbacks and trucks; drivers can back in and watch from there. Lawn chairs and coolers are OK.
- People stake out spots starting early. Go early and enjoy the live bands, deejays and street entertainment.
- Picnics are OK at Aquatic Park, but alcohol is prohibited.
- If you take the F or E line, remember: When the crowds get too thick, it will turn around at Pier 39 and not go all the way into the Wharf. SFMTA will put up signs warning of no service at the stops on Jones Street and by Longshoreman’s Hall, but they often get obscured by people standing in front of them.
- If you do drive, it is suggested to arrive to the Wharf and park before 10 a.m. Parking typically costs about $30 a day. There are 6,000 off-street garage parking spaces in the area.
- Getting to the Wharf isn’t as difficult because people arrive at staggered times. Leaving is another story – everyone wants out immediately after the fireworks end. It is recommended to stick around and go to a bar such as Gold Dust or Buena Vista.
- If you have kids, Ripley’s Believe It or Not will be open until midnight, as it always is on Fridays and Saturdays.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, 4th of July, Fairs & Festivals, Fireworks, Live Music