Submitted by the Event Organizer
You’re invited to Art Beats, a three-day event that makes art accessible and transforms the beautifully derelict Pier 70 into an art and performance spectacle from September 26-28, 2014.
It’s a daytime art fair with workshops, performances and live art. At night, the lights go down and the DJs and the beats come out.
> Free, but an RSVP is required.
Funcheap Friday Hookup – Be one of the first 50 people on Friday to mention FUNCHEAP at the bar and you’ll get a free cocktail (a super tasty cosmo)
Art Beats taps into the heart of San Francisco’s culture across all genres, forms and mediums. Art Beats provides a platform for artists to exhibit work with minimal restriction on space, economics, or arbitrary rules.
2014 Art Beats Fesival
September 26-28, 2014
Pier 70, San Francisco
Free (except Saturday night)
Friday, September 26
- 5-9 pm: Grand Opening (Free) – Get your first look at the art exhibitions, workshops, performance art and craft vendors. This night features intimate performances from artists like Bronze, Offing, The Genie and more.
- 9 pm to midnight: Opening Night After Party show featuring Icee Hot (Ghosts on Tape and DJ Will), Avalon Emerson, Silver Hands (live set) and Push The Feeling DJs. 21+
Free, but an RSVP is required.
- Be one of the first 50 people on Friday to mention FUNCHEAP at the bar and you’ll get a free cocktail (a super tasty cosmo)
Saturday, September 27
- 1-8:30 pm: Exhibition open (Free) – Spend the day wandering through our unique art exhibitions, workshops, craft vendors and installations. Saturday features intimate performances by Exray’s, Russell Butler, Aria Rostami, Smatterings, JEMS and more.
- 9 pm to 2 am: Art Beats after party (tickets $12-20)
Sunday, September 28
- 1-6 pm: Final Day (Free) – This is your last chance to experience the art exhibitions, workshops, performance art, artisanal vendors & more. Sunday features intimate performances by 29th Street Swingtet, The Human Condition, The Genie, Archie Bell, Crash and Burn and more.
Art Beats has partnered with Adobe Books, Lequivive Gallery, Loakal Gallery, Root Division, ArtSpan, Performing Arts Workshop, SCRAP, the Midway Project, Funcheap and more for this event.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Free, but an RSVP is required.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Art & Museums
, Live Music
, San Francisco
, San FranFREEsco
Address: 555 20th Street, San Francisco, CA