Avoiding Lead Exposure from Gardening | Inner Sunset
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Garden for the Environment | 7th Avenue and Lawton Street, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Human and childhood exposure to lead is a well-documented and preventable environmental health problem.
In the context of urban gardens, exposure to lead is most likely to come from contaminated soil. In this accessible and practical 2-hour class you will learn how to reduce the health risks for you and your family from exposure to lead through from urban gardening.
You will learn:
– How and why lead exposure occurs in soil
– Best practices to reduce the risk of lead exposure through gardening
– How to assess the risk of lead exposure to you and your family
– How to have your soil tested for lead
– How to remediate lead paint and soil hazards
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.