2014 Banned Books Bike Ride | Berkeley
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Berkeley Public Library (North) | 1170 The Alameda, Berkeley, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Saturday, September 27, 2014
Banned Books Week 2014
September 21-27, 2014 is Banned Books Week, so come out and celebrate intellectual freedom with a community bike ride on Saturday, September 27, 2014.
Pedal from branch-to-branch, starting at the Berkeley Public Library – North Branch and ending up at the Central Branch. Along the way, you’ll enjoy portions of a treasured, famous banned book: John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men. You can start with the group at North Branch at 10 am and do the whole ride, or meet up at any stop along the way. The full ride will be 7 miles. Inclement weather will cancel the event.
- North Branch – 10:00 am – Begin Reading Of Mice and Men
- 10:30 am – Ride to West Branch
- West Branch – 11:00 am – Reading of a Passage from Of Mice and Men
- 11:30 – Ride to South Branch
- South Branch – Noon – Reading of a Passage from Of Mice and Men
- 12:30 pm – Ride to Claremont
- Claremont – 1:00 pm – Reading of a Passage from Of Mice and Men
- 1:30 pm – Ride to Central Branch
- Central Branch – 2:00 pm – Reading of a Passage from Of Mice and Men
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, East Bay, Lectures & Workshops, Literature, Sports & Wellness, Walks & Tours