Bayview Community Center Grand Opening Block Party (SF)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Southeast Community Center | 1550 Evans Avenue, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Grand Opening Block Party: Come see what’s new in the Bayview!
- Be one of the first to tour the new center
- Enjoy exciting activities and family fun
- Savor delicious lite refreshments
- Experience great local performances
- View more than 30 works from local artists
Date: October 22, 2022
Location: 1550 Evans Avenue, San Francisco
Time: 11 am to 2 pm
Opening October 22!
The New Southeast Community Center, A Cultural Legacy
- State of the art building featuring local artists
- Event space & amphitheater for community use
- On-site café
- Free wifi and public workspaces
- Nonprofit organizations to serve the community
- Greenspaces for gathering, play, and exercise
The new building at 1550 Evans Avenue is a hub for local community to gather, learn, play, and grow. This partnership between San Francisco’s southeast communities and San Francisco Public Utilities Commission is designed to promote the health, well-being, cultural, educational, and financial empowerment of southeast residents.
The new Southeast Community Center at 1550 Evans Avenue features an expanded low-cost childcare center, nonprofit workspaces, community meeting rooms, large multi-purpose rooms, and a stand-alone Alex Pitcher Pavilion for community events. The open spaces include an amphitheater, gardens, outdoor dining areas, and play spaces for children. The new center will also provide a wide range of social services supporting workforce development and education for Southeast residents of all ages. In partnership with our SECC tenants and Bayview residents, we are excited to serve the community from our new home!
Categories: *Top Pick*, Block Party, In Person