Symposium: Rediscovering China’s Cultural Revolution | Berkeley
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Berkleey’s Revolution Books is hosting a three-day symposium at UC Berkeley, “Rediscovering China’s Cultural Revolution 1966-76: Art and Politics, Lived Experience, Legacies of Liberation” on November 6-8, 2009. Event is free, but donations are requested.
Friday Nov. 6
- 5 pm: Poster Art of the Cultural Revolution, Art Opening and guided tour – Wurster Hall Lobby (on south side of campus, near College & Bancroft)
- 6:30 pm: Book Event: The Unknown Cultural Revolution: Life and Change in a Chinese Village with author Dongping Han* – Wurster Auditorium
Saturday, Nov. 7
Berdahl Auditorium in Stanley Hall (on east side of campus, between Hearst Mining Circle & Gayley Road)
- 1 pm: Art and Politics in the Cultural Revolution
- 4 pm: The International Impact and Historical Significance of the Cultural Revolution:
Sunday, Nov. 8
Wurster Auditorium (south side of campus, near College & Bancroft)
- 1 pm, Film Showing & Discussion: Red Detachment of Women (1970)
- 3 pm, Film Showing & Discussion: Barefoot Doctors of Rural China (1975)
Categories: East Bay, Lectures & Workshops, Movies