Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, Lunar New Year, San Francisco, Theater & Performance
Year of the Rat: CHSA Chinese New Year’s Celebration | Chinatown
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Join the Chinese Historical Society of America before the Chinese New Year Parade for Free Museum Admission all day to welcome the Year of the Rat.
2020 Chinese Spring Festival
Saturday, February 8, 2020 | 11 am to 4 pm
CHSA Museum, 965 Clay Street, San Francisco
View 2020 Schedule of Events
- 11 am-11:30 am: A Lion Dance Performance to start off our celebration at the entrance of the Chinese Historical Society!
- 11:30 am-1 pm: Dr. Raymond Chong, presenting his documentary film My Odyssey. The documentary chronicles Dr. Chong’s journey to discover his Zhang ancestral roots from Kaiping, China to Gold Mountain, America. Following the screening of “My Odyssey,” Dr. Chong will be available for a Q&A session about his genealogy research and experience.
- 1:45 pm-4 pm: Tranquil Resonance Studio, performing High Mountains Flowing Water. The program will include guzheng and guqin music, poetry, and a visual guide through landscape painting.
- All Day Long: Fortune Cookie craft activity, Chinese New Year Discovery Tour, and Museum Tours.
Enjoy the exhibitions Chinese American: Exclusion/Inclusion and Called to Rise: Chinese Americans in CBI, plus a full day of programs.
- Lion Dance Performance
- Discovery Tour of Chinatown
- Museum Tours
- Craft Activities for Kids
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Fairs & Festivals
, Lunar New Year
, San Francisco
, Theater & Performance
Address: 965 Clay St, San Francisco, CA