Free Cab Rides on Halloween Night
Halloween is a time of eating candy, dressing up like a hooker and drinking too much mystery punch. But how the hell do you get home safely after a night of cavorting and drinking too much mystery punch – especially if Muni or BART have already shut down for the night?
Fortunately there are two organizations in Northern California that want to make sure you get home in one piece:
- Free Car Tow Home: AAA offers a “Tipsy Tow” program where will actually come tow you and your car home if you’ve been drinking – no questions asked.
- Free Cab Ride Home: And a law firm in Alameda is offering to pay for your cab rides home all Halloween night in San Francisco, the East Bay and even Sacramento.
These free services are intended to take you home safely after a night out, so don’t be a jerk and try to abuse the service for bar hopping – they’ll just stick you with the bill!
Safe and Sober Free Cab Ride Home Program – Halloween 2010
FREE CAB RIDES HOME ON HALLOWEEN NIGHT
– October 31, 2010 – 10pm to 4am
– San Francisco, Alameda, Oakland, Berkeley, Sacramento
If you’re out a bar or restaurant partying this Halloween and have been drinking and know you shouldn’t be driving, Berg Injury Lawyers will come to your rescue and will pay for a free cab ride home!
To Get a Free Cab Ride: From 10pm to 4am call the phone number for the cab company in your city located below – and tell them that “Berg Injury Lawyers” is picking up the tab. Please note that the free cab ride offer is only valid for cabs which you order – not cabs that you hail in the street.
- Alameda, Oakland, and Berkeley call Veterans Cab at (800) 281-4488.
– Free rides only offered within city limits or to get a cab ride home to San Francisco.
- San Francisco call Luxor Cab at (415) 282-4141.
– Free rides only offered within city limits
- Sacramento ($30 limit) call Yellow Cab Company of Sacramento at (916) 444-2222.
– Patrons must be picked up at a restaurant, hotel, or bar within Downtown Sacramento to qualify for a free ride. Rides home must be within Sacramento.
Free Cab Ride Tips:
Due to the high number of ride requests, rides cannot be guaranteed for everyone who calls, but they’ll do their best. In 2009, Berg paid for nearly 300 free cab rides. Don’t forget to tell them the ride is on Berg Injury Lawyers when you call.
Cab rides are made available to area residents who otherwise might attempt to drive home after drinking. Rides are provided from bars & restaurants (not from house parties) to an individual’s residence and not to other drinking locations.
AAA Tipsy Tow – Halloween 2010
FREE FIVE MILE TOW HOME FOR TIPSY DRIVERS
– October 31, 2010 – 6pm to 6am
– Northern California, Nevada, Utah
CSAA (the Northern California branch of the road side assistance group AAA) offers a “Tipsy Tow” program with free tows for drinking drivers in Northern California. This offer is good for both AAA members and non-members from 6pm on Halloween (October 31st) until 6am the next morning, in Northern California, Nevada and Utah.
To Order a Free Tipsy Tow: Call (800) 222-4357 (AAA-HELP) and tell the operator “I need a Tipsy Tow” for a free tow of up to five miles. Service is restricted to a one-way ride for the driver and his or her vehicle to the driver’s home.