Free Bike Ride Friday: Unlimited 30-Min Bike Share
San Francisco and the Bay Area have over 2,500 bikes for sharing and 250 stations with Ford GoBike. On Friday, November 10th they’re all free all day for unlimited 30-minute rides. Just sign up and get a free 24-hour pass.
Grab a friend and hop on a Ford GoBike for a commute or to take in the gorgeous all weather because 24-hour bike passes are free for one day only thanks to Clover.
You’ll get unlimited 30-minute rides – as many trips as you want – for 24 hours on Friday, November 10th.
Right now there’s over 2,500 bikes for sharing and 250 stations, but by the end of 2018 they’ll be expanding to 7,000 bikes and 550 stations.
How to Get Your Free 24-hour Friday Pass
- RSVP in Advance to get an email & full details for unlimited 30-minute rides
- On Friday, a magical “Free Ride Day” option will appear under “Get a Pass” in the app – Download the app, sign up and ride.
Where are the Bike Stations? View a Map.
- San Francisco – 115+ bike stations mostly around SoMa, Caltrain, Mission, Castro, Financial District, Market Street, Hayes Valley, Embarcadero and North Beach
- East Bay (Oakland / Berkeley / Emeryville) – 85+ bike stations – incl. Lake Merritt, Temescal, Uptown/Downtown Oakland, & Berkeley
- San Jose – 35 bike stations
Why 30 minutes? Because it’s Bike Share! The 24-hour pass allows you to zip from A to B, checking out a bike from any station for up to 30 minutes, and returning it to another once you’ve reached your destination so that someone else can use the bike while you’re having lunch, visiting a museum or hanging out with friends.
And then when you’re ready, grab another bike and head out to your next destination.
Suggested 30 Minute (or Less) Ride Ideas
- Pack a lunch and take a spin around Lake Merritt 20 min
- Enjoy a sunset ride along the Embarcadero 20 min
- Grab a coffee and pastries and take in the shop windows along Valencia 15 min
- Refresh with a short sunny ride to Guadalupe River Park 20 min
- Ride from Downtown Berkeley to Temescal 15 min