Japantown’s New “Picnic at the Plaza” Outdoor Dining | July 18 – Sep 27
Japantown is ready to welcome you back with their Picnic at the Plaza, from July 18 through September 27, 11:30 am to 8 pm.
The Peace Plaza will be transformed into a beautiful and festive area on the weekends (Every Saturday and Sunday) where you can enjoy a socially-distanced picnic with Japantown-purchased food and beverages, including beer and sake.
Enjoy outdoor seating, under a canopy or near a heat lamp, as background music fills the San Francisco summer air. A host and staff will welcome you to your own table where you can leisurely savor your freshly-made meal and enjoy the sights and sounds of our community.
Every Saturday & Sunday | 11:30am to 8pm
July 18 to September 27, 2020
Free with any food purchase from Japantown Center restaurants
As of 7/24/20
- An Japanese Restaurant [TEMP CLOSED] | East Mall Entrance Pickup | Call for Pickup | 415-292-4886 | Website |
- Belly Good Cafe & Crepes | West Mall Entrance Pickup | Call or Order at Pickup Location | 415-346-8383 |
- Benihana | Open daily 10:30am-8pm | Website | GrubHub | Postmates | UberEats | DoorDash |
- Cafe Hana [TEMP CLOSED] | West Mall Entrance Pickup | Call or Order at Pickup Location | 415-658-7899 | Open Tues-Sat, 11am-5pm | Postmates
- Chocolate Chair | West Mall Entrance | Call or Order at Pickup Location | 415-567-9255
- Izumi Kaiten Sushi | Open daily 12-3pm |
- Kui Shin Bo | East Mall Entrance Pickup | Call or Order at Pickup Location | 415-992-9575 | Open Tue-Sun 11:30am-8:30pm | Postmates | Doordash | UberEats | GrubHub
- Kushi-Tsuru | West Mall Entrance Pickup | Call or Order at Pickup Location | 415-992-9902 | Open daily 12-4pm | Website | Doordash | Postmates
- Mochill Donuts | West Mall Entrance Pickup | Order at Pickup Location | Open daily 11am – 7pm | Website | Doordash | UberEats
- Nande-Ya | West Mall Entrance Pickup | Call or Order at Pickup Location | 628-444-3580 | Open Mon-Sat 12-4pm | UberEats | Doordash | GrubHub
- Nijiya Supermarket | Open daily 10am-6pm – Senior Access: 9:30am-10am. 30 minutes prior to the opening time for seniors and other vulnerable shoppers | Website |
- OMA SF Station | Webster St. Entrance Pickup | Order Online & Call for Pickup | Open Wed-Sun 3:30-5:45pm | Website |
- Osaka-Ya [TEMP CLOSED] | West Mall Entrance Pickup | Call or Order at Pickup Location | 415-922-2728 | Open Mon-Sun 11:30-8pm | Website | Doordash | UberEats | Postmates
- SaSa Japanese Restaurant | East Mall Entrance Pickup | Call or Order at Pickup Location | 628-600-6945 | Open Tue-Sun 1-7:30pm | Website | Doordash
- Seoul Garden | East Mall Entrance Pickup | Call for Pickup | 415-563-7664 | Open Mon-Sun 4-8pm | Website | Doordash | UberEats | Postmates | GrubHub
- Takara Japanese Restaurant | East Mall Entrance Pickup | Call for Pickup | 415-921-2000 | – Open Wed-Sun 12-7pm | Website |
- Takoyaki Yamachan | West Mall Entrance Pickup | Order at Pickup Location | Open daily 11am – 7pm | UberEats | GrubHub |
- Umai Ramen [TEMP CLOSED] | East Mall Entrance Pickup | Call for Pickup | 415-658-7370 | Open daily 11:30-8pm |
Curbside Pickup Locations
Different merchants have different pick-up locations. The pickup location will appear next to the individual merchant name in the list below. The three curbside pickup locations are at the Peace Plaza entrances to the West and East Mall, and also at the Webster Street entrance.
Call for Curbside Pickup
Telephone the merchants directly for them to bring your order to the designated pickup location. Do not enter the mall, call and the merchant or a representative will bring your order out.
Order from the Peace Plaza
A few of our merchants and restaurants are taking orders directly at the entrances to the West and East malls on the Peace Plaza. If “Order at Pickup Location” is listed by a merchants name below, you can order directly from a representative stationed at that mall entrance! The representative will place the order, retrieve it from the merchant, and bring it back to the pickup location. Easy!
Come support your favorite restaurants and markets. Nosh on noodles, snack on sushi, or devour your donburi. Munch on matcha cake, sip your sake, or swig your Sapporo. Come be a part of the beat of our hearts. Japantown misses you.
- All San Francisco City Health and Safety Guidelines must be adhered to.
- The entrance to the venue will be at the east end of the Plaza, near Daiso. There will be social/physical distancing markers where the line should form.
- Entry will be permitted ONLY to those that present a receipt from an SF Japantown restaurant or market.
- No food or beverages will be served inside the picnic area. All food and beverages should be purchased from Japantown area businesses, to be brought into the venue for consumption.
- Face coverings are mandatory for entry and must be worn at all times, except when eating or drinking.
- Please responsibly distance according to posted parameters.
- No more than 6 guests per table will be permitted.
- Kindly bus your own table, using the appropriate receptacles provided inside the picnic area.
This is made possible through a generous donation from the Henri and Tomoye Takahashi Charitable Foundation.
Starting this Saturday, July 18 through September 27, Japantown’s Peace Plaza will be converted into an outdoor seating venue for individuals who want to eat their take-out meals purchased from Japantown dine-in restaurants! See the details below: pic.twitter.com/wQn1UqB815
— SF Rec and Park (@RecParkSF) July 14, 2020