A Month of Rare Guided Walking Tours of SF
San Francisco City Guides offers dozens of free guided walking tours, all over the city, throughout the year.
But things get special during the months of May and October each year, when the San Francisco weather is particularly pleasant, City Guides add a slate of rare neighborhood explorations to its year round tour schedule.
Go off the beaten path and discover the colorful characters, beautiful vistas, and charming architectural treasures that can be found in communities like the Inner Richmond, Visitacion Valley, or Glen Park. Each San Francisco neighborhood has a distinct architecture, history, and personality that deserve in-depth exploration.
Special October 2017 Walking Tours
All tours are free, but donations accepted. First come, first served.
- 1906: Phoenix Rising – Oct. 11
- Bungalows of Westwood Park – Oct. 7
- Diego Rivera Mural at City College – Oct. 18
- Embarcadero Skyway – Oct. 2
- Ghost Walk At City Hall – TBD
- Golden Gate Heights Stairways – Oct. 15
- Inner Richmond: Part I – Oct. 1
- Inner Richmond: Part II – Oct. 8
- Mt. Davidson Hike – Oct. 28
- North Beach By Night – Oct. 8
- North of the Panhandle – Oct. 11
- Old South Park – Oct. 22
- Sacred Places In San Francisco – Oct. 19
- Tenderloin Neighborhood Part I – Oct. 22
- Tenderloin Neighborhood Part II – Oct. 29
- Uncovering the Parkside – Oct. 22
- Visitacion Valley Part I – TBD
- Visitacion Valley Part II – Oct. 21
- West Side Whimsy Walk – Oct. 29
Complete schedule of tours for October 2017.